Friday 3 August 2012

Reading 8-Collaborative Projects

This article offered lots to think about.  Skillen poses the question,"so how do you facilitate meaningful constructive conversations in your classroom?"  Important question but I would say not an easy task, at least not at my grade level.  First of all, getting teams to function well together can be challenging.  I have found the most success in a more structured approach by having the students take on a role within the group.  I like the idea of the students responding on-line as the students have the opportunity to respond at their leisure and with no time restraints.  I actually found Skillen's article on Scaffolding for Deeper Understanding more useful, at least for younger students,  as it offers practical suggestions (planning, reflection,comment and discussion starters) to encourage meaningful conversations amongst students.

No comments:

Post a Comment