Wednesday 1 August 2012

Reading 7- Content curation


To be quite honest, I wasn’t sure what content curation meant before reading the article.  I realize it goes beyond just collecting information randomly.  It seems to involve more of evaluating the information for its relevance.  In the graphic organizer, White describes content curation as “cherry-picking” reading, meeting a learning goal, etc.. Don’t most of us do these already?  I think the one thing that is missing is the publishing which seems to be a big part of content curation.  I do agree there are many benefits to sharing with a wider audience.  You’re learning, they're learning.  I can however, sympathize with the one woman who ask the teacher if she could curate resources just as part of her Moodle course.  It can be uncomfortable putting yourself out there for the whole world to see.  
I really liked the idea of students as content curators.  Giving students the opportunity to “take ownership of their learning”  would keep them motivated and actively engaged in the learning.   

No comments:

Post a Comment