Tuesday 7 August 2012

Final Project- Video

I chose Canada as my unit of study for this final project. The learning outcomes I would address are: • identifies characteristics of the provinces and territories of Canada • locate major landforms and bodies of water in BC and Canada •identify characteristics of Canada society

 1) With the idea of enhancing the student’s learning, I would share this video- Over Canada (the trailer )at the beginning of our unit on Canada. We would have just finished our unit on Mapping skills and I think this video would lead in well to this unit on Canada .

Below, I have provide an outline as to how I would introduce the video, discuss the purpose for listening with the students and the questions we would discuss after the video.

 Info for students: Aujourd’hui, nous regarderons un vidéo sur notre pays, le Canada. À l’aide d’un long vol aérien, nous allons parcourir d’un océan à l’autre, les différents paysages qui composent le Canada. Pendant ce vidéo, je veux que vous observiez les différents sites géographiques que l’on retrouve lors de ce voyage. Gardez- les en mémoire car nous en reparlerons après le vidéo. Avez-vous reconnu certains lieux importants? Est-ce que certains lieux vous rappelle d’un endroit que vous avez déjà visité?

Click here for the Ted Ed video.

On a side note, I think it would be an idea to also take a virtual tour of Canada using Google Earth.



No comments:

Post a Comment